- Speak with your Financier or your Home Loan Consultant to arrange the best loan to suit your needs.
- Prepare a list of preferred areas that suit your lifestyle.
- Develop an association with a Sales Agent. The Agent will be able to offer further advice and also make you aware of recent sales and any new listings in your desired location.
- Once you have found a property you wish to purchase, you can make an offer on that property – this is done through your Sales Agent. If the Sellers are agreeable to your offer, a Contract of Sale can be drawn up on your behalf to purchase the property. You have the option of your Solicitor perusing the Contract before you sign.
- It is recommended that you arrange a building and pest inspection to make you fully aware of any defects and pest concerns (if any), the property may have eg: white ants, termites.
- Following your Solicitors advice on the Sale Contract, you are now able to make an informed decision to proceed with an offer on the property through the Agent.
- We recommend you read the Australian government ”First Home Buyers Guide”. It is full of useful information for home buyers, you can see it at here.
- Once negotiations have been finalised, you will be required to sign the Sale Contract and pay a deposit. Your deposit will be held in trust until settlement has been effected.
- On settlement day, you are able to request a pre-settlement inspection before settlement takes place. This is to ensure that the property is in the same condition as when you last inspected it.